The documents that renters need to have prepared
It is very important to be prepared when you find your ideal place. This is a list of some documents you need to have prepared:
Fill out an application form or download a PDF application form file, print it, fill it out, take a picture (or scan it) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Credit Report and score. You can obtain in person (from North American Centre, 5700 Yonge St, North York, ON M2M 4G8) or order online from www.equifax.ca
Letter of Employment or Employment History
Reference letter from current and former landlord (a sample template is available at: www.asadi.ca/download/formerlandloardtemp.docx, customize it for your application).
Some rentals ask for Bank Balance. If you are OK to provide this document, ask your bank for the statement.
Also, have your deposit ready (first and last) and be sure your current rent contract is fine for move out (term, conditions, notice, etc.)
If you or other member of your family are student, provide supporting documents.
It is better providing evidence that you can support yourself and any accompanying dependents while renting the property. If you do not work, provide written statements, which can be confirmed, that satisfy the landlord sufficient financial support from friends and/or family is available and has been arranged to adequately cover the rent.
For use of Rental Application- Residential (Ontario Real Estate Association for use in the Province of Ontario) these information is needed:
– Your name, Date of Birth, and SIN No. (Optional)
– Other Occupants name, relationship, and age
– Your pet information (if any)
– The reason you vacating your present place of residence
– Your last two places of residence (address, from, name of landlord, and landlord telephone number)
– Current and previous address (plus landlord information such as name and contact information)
– Present and prior employment (employer, business address, business phone number, position held, length of employment, name of supervisor, and current monthly salary range for current employment)
– spouse’s present and prior employment (employer, business address, business phone number, position held, length of employment, name of supervisor, and current monthly salary range for current employment)
– Bank information (name of bank, branch, address, chequing account # , and savings account #)
– Financial obligations (payments to and amount)
– Two personal references (name, address, telephone number, length of acquaintance, and occupation)
– Automobile(s) information (make, model, year, licence no.)
Please don’t hesitate to call us or email us if ever there is any question. We hope to have the pleasure of doing business with you for many years to come.